Senior PYTHON Software Developer / Engineer
Status: Permanent – Full-time
Location: Montréal – Griffintown
We are looking for a Senior PYTHON Software Developer / Engineer to join our growing development team and help us to build amazing social banking platform systems. You will be working closely with other engineering team members to help create new systems that better allow our clients to interact with our growing range of products and services.We are looking for individuals who are obsessed with producing high-quality code. We take pride in our work, and we work hard to ensure that everything we produce is the optimal solution for the problem at hand. If you are looking to work with a growing company, where you can see the impact of your work every day, then we might be a great fit for you!
- Design and develop core components (microservices & restful APIs) for our financial platform.
- Develop and perform related unit, functional, regression, and integration tests.
- Develop prototypes as well as work on production-grade services
- Perform code reviews, mentor junior developers and ensure code is well-designed and follows best practices (clean code, TDD, etc.)
- Collaborate in a scrum-agile environment
- Competitive salary.
- Fun and relaxed work environment.
- Full health benefits - Medical.
- Free healthy snacks and refreshments.
- Advancement opportunities.
- Great office location.
- Providing opportunities to attend trainings and conferences
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other related areas.
- Minimal 5 years of professional development experience core services, in event-driven architectures.
- Must Have SaaS Web Applications Experience
- Minimal 5 years of experience with Python/Django – both Python and Django are very important
- Significant experience with one of Go, Java, C++, NodeJS, Swift.
- Strong understanding of core CS topics including algorithms, data structures, operating systems, databases.
- Experience with RESTful API design, ORM concepts, Django Migrations, software testing – strong OOD/OPP
- Proficient knowledge of Linux, version-control systems, and Jira.
- Good communication skills french and english (verbal, written, listening, presentations, etc.).
- Love coding, love learning, and a passion for code quality, maintainability, and testability (seriously).
Experience that may help
- Experience with MySQL, Mongodb, Postgres, Redis
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience in the financial industry
- Experience with GCP's environment
- Experience with messaging and queuing systems (Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Experience working in an agile scrum environment (Kanban, Sprints, Scrum)
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes