Back-End Software Engineer
Status: Permanent – Full-time
Location: Montréal – Griffintown
At Brainfinance, we pride ourselves in offering the highest possible quality of customer experience. We are looking for a person who thrives in a team environment, who is passionate, driven and who yearns to grow personally and professionally. This person will become part of a team that thrives on the new challenges presented by a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment. The chosen candidate will possess a keen eye for detail and will come up with innovative ideas that will contribute to the success of both the company and the customer experience.
As a Back-End Software Engineer, you will be working with teammates who are passionate, helpful, and strive to develop best in class financial applications.
- Participating in daily and bi-weekly scrum activities (Daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint review, and sprint retrospective).
- Working with Business Analysts and Business Units to understand the requirements.
- Collaborating with front-end and mobile app development teams on user-facing features and services.
- Designing and developing back-end micro-services and REST APIs for connected devices, web, and mobile applications.
- Designing and and maintaining high performance data management and storage systems
- Competitive salary.
- Fun and relaxed work environment.
- Full health benefits - Medical.
- Free healthy snacks and refreshments.
- Advancement opportunities.
- Great office location.
- Providing opportunities to attend trainings and conferences
- A bachelor degree in software engineering or related fields.
- Experience with MySQL and NoSQL databases such as Cassandra and MongoDB.
- Experience with Apache Kafka.
- Experience with micro-services and REST API development.
- Experience with GIT and Continuous Integration.
- Being open to learn and explore new technologies.
- Experience working in an agile environment (preferably, Scrum)